Here are some of our Frequently Asked Questions:
As your lifestyle changes, so do your coverage needs. Regular reviews of your policy will ensure you have the coverage best-suited to your lifestyle.
If you own a vehicle in Ontario, you’re required by law to purchase coverage in case an accident occurs. At a minimum, you must carry third-party liability, accident benefits, direct compensation property damage and uninsured automobile. You have the option to increase limits and purchase additional accident benefit coverage to protect your lifestyle.
- Third-Party Liability: Protects you when someone is injured or killed, or property is damaged. Pays defense costs to settle claims from any lawsuits against you, up to the set limit. Legally in Ontario, you must carry at least $200,000 in liability.
- Uninsured Automobile: Protects you and your family if you’re injured or killed by a hit-and-run driver or an uninsured motorist; covers damage to your vehicle caused by identified, uninsured drivers.
- Direct Compensation-Property Damage: If someone else is at fault for an accident, direct compensation covers damage to your vehicle, its contents, and equipment (stereo, speakers) including loss of use and contents
- Accident Benefits: If you’ve been injured in an accident, regardless of who caused it, accident benefits cover expenses not covered by OHIP like rehabilitation, caregiving, and loss of income. See chart for changes/options.
1 Medical, Rehabilitation and Attendant Care Benefits for minor injuries are fixed at a max limit of $3,500.
2 If you purchase both the additional Medical, Rehabilitation and Attendant Care benefit for catastrophic injuries and for all injuries, the total eligible benefit amount for a catastrophic impairment would be $3,000,000.
- Automobile Insurance
- Home Insurance
- Condominium Package Insurance
- Seasonal Residence Insurance
- Tenants Package Insurance
- Boat and Yacht Insurance
- Motorhome Insurance
- Motorcycle Insurance
- Jewellery Insurance
- Fine Arts Insurance
- Fine Wine Insurance
- Party Alcohol Liability
- Automobile and Fleet Insurance
- Boiler and Machinery, Production Equipment/Equipment Breakdown
- Bonding, Surety and Fidelity/Performance and Construction
- Builders Risk
- Business Interruption/Loss of Revenue Coverage/Contingent Business Interruption
- Copyright and Patent Infringement
- Commercial Property Insurance
- Credit Insurance
- Crime Insurance including Employee Dishonesty
- Cross Border Insurance
- Directors and Officers Liability/Non-Profit and For Profit Risks
- E-Commerce/Website Insurance
- Employment Practices Liability
- Environmental Impairment and Pollution Liability
- Errors and Omissions Liability
- General Liability/Products Liability/Contractual Liability
- Hole in One Insurance
- Liquor Liability/Party Alcohol Liability
- Ocean/Marine Cargo/Transit
- Product Recall
- Professional Liability
- Special Event Liability
- Transportation Insurance
- Umbrella/Excess Liability
- Group Home Insurance
- Group Automobile Insurance
- Group Seasonal Residence Insurance
- Group Condominium Insurance
- Group Tenants Package Insurance
- Group Boat Insurance
- Group Motorcycle Insurance
- Annual and Single Trip Travel Insurance
- Visitors to Canada Hospital/Medical Insurance
- Trip Cancellation Insurance
- Trip Interruption Insurance
- All Inclusive Holiday Package Insurance
- Baggage, Personal Effects and Currency Insurance
- Air Flight/Common Carrier/24-Hour Accident Insurance
- Group Employee Benefits (Life, Health & Dental, AD&D, Disability)
- Life Insurance
- Critical Illness
- Health & Dental
- Disability and Key Person Insurance
- Long Term Care
Many say your insurance policy is only as good as the claims service you receive. Our goal is to work directly with the insurers for the best result for the policyholder. Our claims department employees can explain the coverages available and discuss the implications of claiming on such policies.
Clients may need advocacy, direction and understanding from their broker when reporting a claim. In all cases, especially in emergency situations we offer 24-hour claims reporting and can provide help to mitigate your potential loss.
- To file a claim, please contact us immediately at 1-877-630-6285 or 905-597-3500.
- For all McKesson pharmacy claims, contact 1-855-897-8509.
- After hours, call our centralized claims number 1-866-226-0018 or you may call the insurer direct as shown in our listing below:
Should you be involved in an automobile accident, please contact us immediately at 1-877-630-6285 or 905-597-3500. After hours, please refer to the After Hours Claims numbers above.
What to do immediately after an accident occurs:
- Report the accident to the police if injuries are involved and/or if vehicle damages exceed $1000
- If possible, drive your vehicle to a safe location nearby to exchange information with others involved
- If you cannot safely move your vehicle, contact a tow service to take your vehicle to a Collision Reporting Centre. If possible, walk to a safer location nearby to exchange information with others involved
- Contact us as soon as possible after the accident
- Refrain from authorizing any repairs until coverage can be confirmed
- Do not admit fault for the accident, simply exchange information
Information you need to collect from individuals involved:
- Telephone Numbers
- Driver’s License Numbers
- Insurance Company Names & Policy Numbers
- Year, Make & Model of Vehicles
- Information Obtained from Witnesses
You must report an accident to police if:
- There is an injury or someone has been killed
- There is damage to public or private property
- At least one of the drivers appears under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- The accident involves a bicyclist or pedestrian
- At least one of the drivers is unlicensed or uninsured
- What about damage to vehicles:
- If the total amount of damage estimated exceeds $2,000, you must to report the accident to the police. Note: depending on that situation, the police may not always attend the scene and you will need to visit your local collision reporting centre within 24 hours of the accident.
- Remember to take pictures of the scene for use later or if you have a dashcam – save your video.
- Add the content after and include If possible, drive your vehicle to a safe location nearby
Through a Group Home and Automobile Insurance Program, your business, association or organization can offer its employees or members discounts of up to 15%-40% off regular insurance rates – all at no additional financial or administrative cost to your organization.
Through a Commercial Insurance Group Program, your business, association or organization may be entitled to discounts simply due to the size of the group and spread of risk factors.
When you work with a broker, your needs take priority. Your broker will make every effort to ensure you receive the most extensive coverage possible for the price paid. Simply put, working with a broker allows you to purchase customized insurance that may be impossible to access on your own, or to comparison shop for the product that gives you the best possible coverage.
Agents or direct sellers are authorized to sell only the products of the insurance companies they work for, whereas independent brokers maintain relationships with several insurance companies. A broker will carefully assess your insurance needs, and then search for the product that best meets your requirements.
Our exceptional service and integrity has distinguished National Brokers Insurance and brought many referrals — our greatest compliment. Our customer service differentiates our business from the competition and encourages clients to choose our business over others. While we are fastidious in adherence to privacy laws and regulations, transparency is part of our office culture for both clients and employees.
We established an office of Client Advocacy to help customers through difficulties of any kind. For example, we help you understand the legalese of insurance or claims. We also have a team for each department to cover all scenarios. We want our clients to be empowered with knowledge of their coverage, and provide a collaborative review for new business and renewals alike. We take pride in caring for our customers. We value your referrals and our commitment to professionalism is our priority.